Network Drive invalid password?

Hi All,

I have been working on a project to use a Raspberry Pi to do a variety of useful things on our lighting network. One that I want to be able to do is share a network drive with the desk, but I keep getting an Invalid password error. Has anyone ran in to any issues before or know what version SMB the desk uses?

• Hi Joe,

We do this here using Synology devices. Eos supports up to SMB 2.0, so you should be fine as long as you're not requiring SMB 3.0. I'm assuming you are selecting 'other'. It's also worth trying '\' before the username, just in case there's a domain at play.

Cheers

Dan

• Hey Jo

Further to Dan's reply below, I wonder if the issue here is that the Eos SMB shares only support NTLMv1. As you're seeing an invalid password error, it sounds like an authentication issue to me. I would check the Pi is allowing support for NTLMv1 as well as v2.

Not sure what your Raspberry Pi setup is, but if you're using the default Samba suite that comes with Raspian, I think it's just a case of adding 'ntlm auth = yes' to the smb.conf 

Hope that helps!

Nev

• Hey Nev,

That was an issue. Originally the image I was using (It's all being run in Docker) seems to just have lots of permissions issues, the next image had NTLMv1 disabled, enabling that and now everything's working as expected! Thanks  and  

Related