Network Drive invalid password?

Hi All,

I have been working on a project to use a Raspberry Pi to do a variety of useful things on our lighting network. One that I want to be able to do is share a network drive with the desk, but I keep getting an Invalid password error. Has anyone ran in to any issues before or know what version SMB the desk uses?

Parents
  • Hey Jo

Further to Dan's reply below, I wonder if the issue here is that the Eos SMB shares only support NTLMv1. As you're seeing an invalid password error, it sounds like an authentication issue to me. I would check the Pi is allowing support for NTLMv1 as well as v2.

Not sure what your Raspberry Pi setup is, but if you're using the default Samba suite that comes with Raspian, I think it's just a case of adding 'ntlm auth = yes' to the smb.conf 

Hope that helps!

Nev

• Hey Jo

Further to Dan's reply below, I wonder if the issue here is that the Eos SMB shares only support NTLMv1. As you're seeing an invalid password error, it sounds like an authentication issue to me. I would check the Pi is allowing support for NTLMv1 as well as v2.

Not sure what your Raspberry Pi setup is, but if you're using the default Samba suite that comes with Raspian, I think it's just a case of adding 'ntlm auth = yes' to the smb.conf 

Hope that helps!

Nev

Children
Related