Trying to make zoom beam palettes more efficiently. I can't figure out how to set a fixture to 50% zoom. Any ideas or help?

Hello all,

I have found that when I am busking, or programming musicals, I tend to like having a range of beam palettes on my direct select page that go something like: " Zoom Full, Zoom 3/4, Zoom Half, Zoom 1/4, Zoom Min"  Depending on the event, I set this up as a range of palettes in 10% increments, quarters, eighths, or whatever granularity feels right. 

I have found these palettes very hard to construct

Taking for example a fixture I use often, the Solaframe 2K. The min zoom of the fixture is 8° and the max is 45°. Aside from sitting down and using a calculator and notepad to figure out the proper values, I can't think of a way to properly enter the data for the beam palettes. 

Min and Max are easy because I can simply enter "0" and "Full" respectively on the command line and the fixture will enter the closest value it can. However, if I want a palette to make the fixture to go to half its zoom range... I am at a loss. 

Things I have tried in Blind while editing the beam palette:

If I enter "ch1 zoom @ 45/5" Eos thinks I am trying to enter a gel number and gives me an error.

If I enter "ch1 zoom @ Full/5" I get an error for putting a slash after Full.:

If I enter "ch1 zoom @ 50" Eos interprets that 50 as a degree dumber and takes the zoom to 45 degrees. Not half the zoom range.

Things I have tried in live:

If I enter "ch1 zoom @ Full Enter. Ch1 zoom /5 enter" I do not get half of the fixtures zoom range, I get 50% of the zoom number. Aka half of 45°, which is 23°. This is still incorrect, because the zoom range is between 45 and 8. the halfway point between those two numbers is 26.5°, not 23°. 

I hope the above examples demonstrate my frustration. All I want, is to set the zoom of a given fixture to its halfway point, or to 10% or 30% of its zoom range on command. Surely someone knows of a way to do this?

Sure I can do the math and figure it out, but it is very slow and difficult when it must be done for every beam palette I make times every fixture type. 

Parents Reply Children
No Data
Related