Query; single vs multiple cues in blind; select last

Hi everybody

I try to write a macro to see if my selectet channels are used on preset x in my cuelist.

I know, I can select a preset and have a look in the about, "used by channels", but anyway...

When i go into blind, select cue home, query group y is in preset x, everything behave as expected, select channels which are on preset x in this cue.

select last: my syntax is channels 1+2+3.

If I select cue home thru enter, query group y is in preset x, everything behave as expected, showing channels that are on preset x in any cue.

if I press select last here, my syntax is not the channel selection but the query syntax again.

so if I go back into live, i can't use select last, since the query selection is different in live than what i wanted.

And also I won't have a overview in my syntax about the channels, which is what i want.

Also, Is there another way to select the latest preset other than "Query is in preset last next"?

Is this more or less understandable? Is it expectet behavior?

Thank you

TI, 3.1.0.282

• Somehow I can't edit my post anymore so my correction here;
    I was wrong, select all cues and query if the channels are recorded in preset x is not working, right? only if they are recorded in every cue in preset x.

Am I right? Am I missing something to get what i am looking for- query channel y is in preset x in any cue? so if the channel is recorded in 1 cue on preset x, it should select it.

Sorry, i get confused at some point and cant figure out how to solve this,

thanks

• I'm a litte bit confused but i try my best.

Try this in Live:

[Group] [x] [Query] {Is In} [Que] [Home] [Thru] [Query] {Can Be} [Preset] [x] [Enter]

I tested it and select last is giving you a Channel selection.
    Testing with this Showfile:
    Query-Test-Show 2021-12-10 16-51-03.esf2

Also, Is there another way to select the latest preset other than "Query is in preset last next"?

Could you explain this once again? I do not understand your wish/question fully.

yours

thilda

• Try "Preset Shift-Home". That should work in most contexts.

• hi thilda, thanks for your respond and sorry about my confused writing.

I tried so many possibilities, at some point I got lost.

Your syntax is right, of course. and also works with select last. Thanks for the file, i checked everything with this file.

But it is not what I want. My goal is to select all the channels that are recorded on preset x in any of these cues.

So what I am looking for is basically a query for Preset x "is used by channels yz"

I think, your syntax select channels that are recorded in the cues and also in the preset x, independently of in which presets the channels are in those cues. Am I right?

Do you see, what my goal is?

So my workaround atm would be something like: [Group][1][Query] {Is In} [Que] [Home] [Query] {Is In} [Preset] [x] [Enter] [or] {Is In} [Que] [2] [Query] {Is In} [Preset] [x] [Enter] [or] {Is In} [Que] [3] [Query] {Is In} [Preset] [x] [Enter]..

and so on. is this understandable?

thank you

• Thanks for this one, I learned not to long ago about the Shift-Home, but unfortunately it is not what i was looking for ;)
    again, I think my writing was to confusing.

what I want to select is something like "select last preset", but this does not work, since select last is understandably ending up in a channel selection always, and not in a preset selection.

if I type: [Preset] [1] [Enter] {Preset} [Next] [Last] I got Preset 1 in my syntax. If I go:  [Preset] [1] [Enter]... do something else in between, change Intens for example...{Preset} [Next] [Last], it's not referencing to preset 1 anymore. Is this possible by any chance or am I looking for something totally stupid..?

Thanks

• But it is not what I want. My goal is to select all the channels that are recorded on preset x in any of these cues.

What a pity. And a thought i checked with Preset3 while in Cue0 and got Channel 1>2+4>5 as a result.

Wich is correct, because i sayed Group1 first.

Here again is my check-syntax while in any of the 6 different Cues:

[Group] [1] [Query] {Is In} [Que] [Home] [Thru] [Query] {Can Be} [Preset] [3] [Enter]

The spezial thing about this Code-line is the [Group][1] in the Front. Because that will limit the outcome of Channels a lot.

If i delete [Group] [1] from the code-line, the result would be:

[Query] {Is In} [Que] [Home] [Thru] [Query] {Can Be} [Preset] [3] [Enter]

--> Channel1>2+4>10

wich is absolute correct, because channel 3 is not recorded with Pr3 in any of the Cues.

So maybe we don't talk about the same thing here and i am missunderstanding you once again.

I am totaly sorry.

• I think that is something what is not possible right now.

But if you label your presets nicely and know what you had applayed last time you could also use

[Group] 1 [Preset] [Shift]+[About]

And a list should pop up with all your stored Presets.

Or use the Magic of [Shift]+[Enter] to reveal the last 5 commands (some how similar to Select Last)

As always, ueli can prove us all wrong ; )

But i think thats all the Magic you can do so far.

• wich is absolute correct, because channel 3 is not recorded with Pr3 in any of the Cues.

I think it does not show you channel 3, because it is not recorded in the cues at all. If I put some Intens for Channel 3 in those cues, the [Query] {Is In} [Que] [Home] [Thru] [Query] {Can Be} [Preset] [3] [Enter] select channel 3, even though it not recorded with Pr3 in any of the Cues.

In Blind, if I select all the cues, then [Query] {Can Be} [Preset] [3] [Enter], it won't select Channel 3, which is right.

But if I set Channel 3 at Preset 1 in the Cues, ( I just added channel 3 to Pr 1), It will select Channel 3 again with [Query] {Can Be} [Preset] [3] [Enter] , even though it is at Pr 1 in every Cue.

My goal would be something like [Query] {is used by} [Preset] [3], but I think this is not possible.

I simply think, it's not made for what I am looking for, but I'm the only one who would ever use this anyway, so I don't think this is that important :)

• thant's what I thought, not excatly helping to put it in a syntax of the macro I want to write, but really nice magic features, thanks :)

And label my presets nicely is not "allowed" unfortunately at the theatre I want to do this, it's all about the numbres ;)

• Autsch,

i see the error. Sorry for that. So Close but not close enough.

We Should ask Ziggy for more help ; )

• And label my presets nicely is not "allowed" unfortunately at the theatre I want to do this, it's all about the numbres ;)

Wow, thats hard.

But you know that there is an Option in Setup-Device -> Show Ref Labels (On/Off)

This works Global. And you still can Label your Presets for Better acces in a DirectSelect for example.

Give it a thought.

• One last Thought...

I know it is not a channel-selection. But is the [About] of Pr3 somehow helpful. Under {Usage} you will be presented with a huge List of wich Channel in wich Que is using it.

not all to helpfull if you don't have time.

• yes, the about is kind of what i want, but i'd love to not to sort out which channels i was looking for in case I use Pr3 for 20 Channels and only want to know about Group 1

well, thanks, it's not that important, it just drove me crazy and wanted to know if it is possible or not :)

• I know this, but they want to Label CP and show the labels (so Show Ref Labels have to be on) but not the Pr.

• Than Label your Presets "Pr3 - <my Label>" : P

Thats kind of extra strict. So you going to be a number nerd :D

Related