Query; single vs multiple cues in blind; select last

Hi everybody

I try to write a macro to see if my selectet channels are used on preset x in my cuelist.

I know, I can select a preset and have a look in the about, "used by channels", but anyway...

When i go into blind, select cue home, query group y is in preset x, everything behave as expected, select channels which are on preset x in this cue.

select last: my syntax is channels 1+2+3.

If I select cue home thru enter, query group y is in preset x, everything behave as expected, showing channels that are on preset x in any cue.

if I press select last here, my syntax is not the channel selection but the query syntax again.

so if I go back into live, i can't use select last, since the query selection is different in live than what i wanted.

And also I won't have a overview in my syntax about the channels, which is what i want.

Also, Is there another way to select the latest preset other than "Query is in preset last next"?

Is this more or less understandable? Is it expectet behavior?

Thank you

TI, 3.1.0.282

Parents
  • Somehow I can't edit my post anymore so my correction here;
    I was wrong, select all cues and query if the channels are recorded in preset x is not working, right? only if they are recorded in every cue in preset x.

Am I right? Am I missing something to get what i am looking for- query channel y is in preset x in any cue? so if the channel is recorded in 1 cue on preset x, it should select it.

Sorry, i get confused at some point and cant figure out how to solve this,

thanks

• I'm a litte bit confused but i try my best.

Try this in Live:

[Group] [x] [Query] {Is In} [Que] [Home] [Thru] [Query] {Can Be} [Preset] [x] [Enter]

I tested it and select last is giving you a Channel selection.
    Testing with this Showfile:
    Query-Test-Show 2021-12-10 16-51-03.esf2

Also, Is there another way to select the latest preset other than "Query is in preset last next"?

Could you explain this once again? I do not understand your wish/question fully.

yours

thilda

• hi thilda, thanks for your respond and sorry about my confused writing.

I tried so many possibilities, at some point I got lost.

Your syntax is right, of course. and also works with select last. Thanks for the file, i checked everything with this file.

But it is not what I want. My goal is to select all the channels that are recorded on preset x in any of these cues.

So what I am looking for is basically a query for Preset x "is used by channels yz"

I think, your syntax select channels that are recorded in the cues and also in the preset x, independently of in which presets the channels are in those cues. Am I right?

Do you see, what my goal is?

So my workaround atm would be something like: [Group][1][Query] {Is In} [Que] [Home] [Query] {Is In} [Preset] [x] [Enter] [or] {Is In} [Que] [2] [Query] {Is In} [Preset] [x] [Enter] [or] {Is In} [Que] [3] [Query] {Is In} [Preset] [x] [Enter]..

and so on. is this understandable?

thank you

• hi thilda, thanks for your respond and sorry about my confused writing.

I tried so many possibilities, at some point I got lost.

Your syntax is right, of course. and also works with select last. Thanks for the file, i checked everything with this file.

But it is not what I want. My goal is to select all the channels that are recorded on preset x in any of these cues.

So what I am looking for is basically a query for Preset x "is used by channels yz"

I think, your syntax select channels that are recorded in the cues and also in the preset x, independently of in which presets the channels are in those cues. Am I right?

Do you see, what my goal is?

So my workaround atm would be something like: [Group][1][Query] {Is In} [Que] [Home] [Query] {Is In} [Preset] [x] [Enter] [or] {Is In} [Que] [2] [Query] {Is In} [Preset] [x] [Enter] [or] {Is In} [Que] [3] [Query] {Is In} [Preset] [x] [Enter]..

and so on. is this understandable?

thank you

Children
  • But it is not what I want. My goal is to select all the channels that are recorded on preset x in any of these cues.

What a pity. And a thought i checked with Preset3 while in Cue0 and got Channel 1>2+4>5 as a result.

Wich is correct, because i sayed Group1 first.

Here again is my check-syntax while in any of the 6 different Cues:

[Group] [1] [Query] {Is In} [Que] [Home] [Thru] [Query] {Can Be} [Preset] [3] [Enter]

The spezial thing about this Code-line is the [Group][1] in the Front. Because that will limit the outcome of Channels a lot.

If i delete [Group] [1] from the code-line, the result would be:

[Query] {Is In} [Que] [Home] [Thru] [Query] {Can Be} [Preset] [3] [Enter]

--> Channel1>2+4>10

wich is absolute correct, because channel 3 is not recorded with Pr3 in any of the Cues.

So maybe we don't talk about the same thing here and i am missunderstanding you once again.

I am totaly sorry.

• wich is absolute correct, because channel 3 is not recorded with Pr3 in any of the Cues.

I think it does not show you channel 3, because it is not recorded in the cues at all. If I put some Intens for Channel 3 in those cues, the [Query] {Is In} [Que] [Home] [Thru] [Query] {Can Be} [Preset] [3] [Enter] select channel 3, even though it not recorded with Pr3 in any of the Cues.

In Blind, if I select all the cues, then [Query] {Can Be} [Preset] [3] [Enter], it won't select Channel 3, which is right.

But if I set Channel 3 at Preset 1 in the Cues, ( I just added channel 3 to Pr 1), It will select Channel 3 again with [Query] {Can Be} [Preset] [3] [Enter] , even though it is at Pr 1 in every Cue.

My goal would be something like [Query] {is used by} [Preset] [3], but I think this is not possible.

I simply think, it's not made for what I am looking for, but I'm the only one who would ever use this anyway, so I don't think this is that important :)

• Autsch,

i see the error. Sorry for that. So Close but not close enough.

We Should ask Ziggy for more help ; )

• One last Thought...

I know it is not a channel-selection. But is the [About] of Pr3 somehow helpful. Under {Usage} you will be presented with a huge List of wich Channel in wich Que is using it.

not all to helpfull if you don't have time.

• yes, the about is kind of what i want, but i'd love to not to sort out which channels i was looking for in case I use Pr3 for 20 Channels and only want to know about Group 1

well, thanks, it's not that important, it just drove me crazy and wanted to know if it is possible or not :)

Related