Flowchart of EOS Operations?

Hi,  I have an Element 2, and a stage full of conventional fixtures.  All I have ever used on the Element is recording & playing back cues & submasters.  Now we are renting a few 'movers' for a gig, and they want me to program them.   Suddenly I'm faced with everything that I don't know about EOS.   I've seen several of the training videos, but I just get mixed up when it comes to the 'definitions of operations', or  'flow of operations'.  Is there anything available that shows how the various operations interact?  Example:  A Group is first required to record a Cue.  Can Cues can be made from Groups?  Can Effects be made from Cues?    A Pallet must be available to create an Effect.   I just have no grasp on how all of these functions and operations interact.   Thanks for any assistance.

Parents
  • Hmmm... I think the learning stages platform would be a big help to you specifically Chapter 8 of the Element Level 1 Essentials course.

But I would say the biggest things are... Know how to patch Multiple Parameter Fixtures I.E "Moving Light Fixtures".... be comfortable/familiar with filters including record filters for Record Only, Update Absolute, Update Manual, Breaking Nested References and recall from...

Yes you can make cues from groups, you "can't" make effects from cues, but cues can reference effects in cues...

A pallet does not have to be available for an effect... but you "can" use a pallet in certain types of effects...

The element level 1 workbook will help walk you through several of these commands and command line structures... I would start there.

• Hmmm... I think the learning stages platform would be a big help to you specifically Chapter 8 of the Element Level 1 Essentials course.

But I would say the biggest things are... Know how to patch Multiple Parameter Fixtures I.E "Moving Light Fixtures".... be comfortable/familiar with filters including record filters for Record Only, Update Absolute, Update Manual, Breaking Nested References and recall from...

Yes you can make cues from groups, you "can't" make effects from cues, but cues can reference effects in cues...

A pallet does not have to be available for an effect... but you "can" use a pallet in certain types of effects...

The element level 1 workbook will help walk you through several of these commands and command line structures... I would start there.

Children
  • Hi mwilson.    I'm still having difficulty with EOS.  I have viewed so many of the training videos.  They're all mixed-up in my head.   

I'm confused by the relationship between some of the EOS functions & components.  I have some Groups, that work with some Effects, but not others.    I have some Groups, that work with some Color Palettes, but not others.  I have some groups that works with some Presets, and not others.   And on & on.    I need to know how all of these various operations interact.     

Thanks again.

Related