Custom Profile for Sparkular unit

Hello,

I have just made a custom profile for a cold spark unit called Sparkular that we plan to rent for an upcoming show.  I've attached screenshots of the DMX profile from the user manual, my custom profile on Eos (including the breakdown of the 4 ranges of channel one), and the resulting controls from the Moving Lights controls for the channel which I patched this to.  I've not worked with custom profiles enough to be super comfortable that I made this the best way.  Does anyone see any problems with this profile?
So you will know, ETC, understandably, can't make a profile for the unit since it could be considered a pyro device in some states.  Here is a forum post where this was discussed:  (7) Fixture request - Eos Family - Eos Family Consoles - ETC - Community (etcconnect.com)
Thanks for any help,
Steve
Parents
  • Jeff and Mathilda,

Thanks very much for your replies.  Jeff, I especially appreciate the insight you shared regarding these units.  I emailed the director this morning and hope to sit down with him to rethink control for the Sparkulars and their use in the show.  My initial thought is to separate control of the two control channels between two different consoles.  Channel 2 of the fixtures would be softpatched to and controlled by the Eos while a remote console (nearer the stage) would have Channel 1 softpatched to it.  The remote console operator would be cued for the "Pre-heat ON" cycle and be the "eyes" in case the E-stop function needs to be activated while the Eos would only control the "intensity" of the sparks.  And it's not un-thinkable that we could have someone at the breakers as well.   This would kinda render my custom profile pointless though.   Oh well.
    Regarding the profile, I did rethink the control channel and made Home be 0 instead of 255.  My presumption is that having the "Pre-heat ON" engaged all night would probably not be very nice for the unit.  And your comment about bringing the "heat down so they don't accidentally get activated" helps me know that was the right choice.
    Thanks again to both of you.
    Steve
  • Jeff and Mathilda,

Thanks very much for your replies.  Jeff, I especially appreciate the insight you shared regarding these units.  I emailed the director this morning and hope to sit down with him to rethink control for the Sparkulars and their use in the show.  My initial thought is to separate control of the two control channels between two different consoles.  Channel 2 of the fixtures would be softpatched to and controlled by the Eos while a remote console (nearer the stage) would have Channel 1 softpatched to it.  The remote console operator would be cued for the "Pre-heat ON" cycle and be the "eyes" in case the E-stop function needs to be activated while the Eos would only control the "intensity" of the sparks.  And it's not un-thinkable that we could have someone at the breakers as well.   This would kinda render my custom profile pointless though.   Oh well.
    Regarding the profile, I did rethink the control channel and made Home be 0 instead of 255.  My presumption is that having the "Pre-heat ON" engaged all night would probably not be very nice for the unit.  And your comment about bringing the "heat down so they don't accidentally get activated" helps me know that was the right choice.
    Thanks again to both of you.
    Steve
Children
No Data
Related