Pixel Mapping onto a Circle

Hello

I have a circle outline of LED pixel tape consisting of around 400 RGBW pixels which I'd like to build a pixel map for.  Short of manually placing each fixture onto the grid, are there any tools within the software I can use here to speed this up?  Failing that, can I import grid coordinates for each fixture to build the pixel map using some external software?

Thanks

Martin

Parents
  • Two more options i can think of.

- make your circe by hand while holding down the the [Shift] Key you can select one pixel after an other

- Don't make a pixelmap and do all you stuff just with Effects (depending on how complex it will get)

-

I do prefere the non pixelmap solution. But i don't know what you are going to do.

If Effects are not an option, i would go to a straight line.

And my very last option would be "drawing" (rather clicking) a circle.

-

Right know there is no helpfull tool with the pixelmap editor to do such shapes.  

• Two more options i can think of.

- make your circe by hand while holding down the the [Shift] Key you can select one pixel after an other

- Don't make a pixelmap and do all you stuff just with Effects (depending on how complex it will get)

-

I do prefere the non pixelmap solution. But i don't know what you are going to do.

If Effects are not an option, i would go to a straight line.

And my very last option would be "drawing" (rather clicking) a circle.

-

Right know there is no helpfull tool with the pixelmap editor to do such shapes.  

Children
  • The reason for not making it a straight line is that there would be an obvious point in the circle where the line ended.  What I'd like to be able to do is play rotating media onto the circle as it would appear to flow round in a continuous loop.  I could just do this as effects, but the media player seems like a more powerful and flexible way to a achieve this.  EOS has almost everything I need to make this work, except a way to build the map - if I could just import the coordinates for each fixture as a CSV that would be enough.

M

Related