Null data issue

Current show is multiple stages with each stage being in its own partiton and ahaving its own associated cue list. There are some fixtures that are moved from stage to stage and added and subtracted from partitions as needed. I recalled fixture from a partionto that it had been removed from to apply it to the fixture in the active partition. The data came in as Null data and could not be made Un Null usign the {Make Null} soft key. The only way to make the data not null was to add the fixtures back into the source partiton and then rerecall them into the active partition. I understand why Null data comes in as Null data but not being able to un Null it seems like an issue.

Current software-

Thank you,

Martin Weeks

Parents
  • Hi Martin:

Just to make sure I'm understanding this correctly, what did you recall?  Was it data from one fixture to another?  Or fixture type?  Were you in live or blind when this occurred?

Thank you!

Sasha

• Hi Sasha!!!
    I needed to get channel levels from a set we shot last week that moved soundsatges. Last week Fixture 97 was used in partiton 14 cue list 14. this week Fixture 97 was in partition 7 cue list 7. 
    I had removed fixture 97 from partition 14 and added it to partition 7. I used Ch 97 [recall from] cue 14/42 to apply that data to fixture 97 while in partition 7. fixtrue 97 became null when I did this and the {make Null}command would not remove the null. The only way to remove the Null was to add the fixture back into partition 14 and re recall the data. 
    All of this was in Live.

-Martin

• Hello, Martin:

Thank you so much for all of this detail.  
    My first try at making this happen I was able to recall the data from 97 without issue.  I think I must be missing something.  Would you be willing to send me your show file, please?

Thank you,

Sasha

Reply Children
No Data
Related