Robe T1 -- framing shutter action previewed incorrectly both in Encoder Display and Augment3D

Hi,

I very recently ran a production with 12x Robe T1 Profile.

We made extensive use of the framing shutters. Unfortunately, neither the Encoder Display nor Augment3D correctly preview the shutter action. Both of them get it wrong in a different way. Attaching some pictures.

In words:

• The shutter blade angle in EOS goes in reverse compared to the real fixture.
  • The shutter blade thrust suggested by EOS doesn't go as far as the real blades in the T1.
  • In Augment3D, the blades which move are the opposite ones compared to the real fixture.
  • Frame assembly rotation in Encoder Display and Augement3D is opposite that of the T1. 

Still trying to work out which of these items might be down to 'operator error' on my part.

The reverse rotation of the Blades, and the incorrect amount of Frame Thrust, I'm fairly convinced are errors in the fixture library.

Augment3D showing the opposite blades movement to the real fixtures, I think is probably also a bug -- unless there's something I did wrong in A3D. By the way, in case it's relevant, we mostly used XYZ mode to focus the features, not pan/tilt. (FPE worked great.) 

Is there a "quick fix" possibility for correcting this behaviour in the field? Often enough, as was the case for us, the first opportunity to test the behaviour will be only when hanging the lights, so an ability for a quick fix would be very welcome.

We were on version 3.1.1 build 120, using ION XE20.

Capture gets it wrong too

Parents Reply
  • Thank Richard for looking into this!
    Unfortunately, I no longer have access to the Robe T1; they were rental units we had for this production only, else I would happily check the Thrust range. 

Do you a direct contact to Robe? I could ask them about details for the thrust range myself, but it probably makes more sense if you contact them directly.

Children
No Data
Related