question about time in and out

Hi, used with avab devices, i always used a time in AND a time out. ery surprised to see that in eos, ther is not a real time in. thinking specifically about the syntax:                                                                                                                                                                                                          Q x time +5 time -5                                                                                                                                                                                                          in my old fashion avab logic, this should make +5 on the time in and - 5 on time out. But for EOS, seems that +5 is for "global" time, which make time out = +5 -5 = 0.  (Thinking too when i press time button a few times, i come back to time out without seing a time in). Can't get where is the advantage of getting this global time instead of getting clearly a time in and time out. Could someone enlight me?

Parents
  • Eos has time 'Up' and time 'Down', plus 'Delay' time, 'Follow' or 'Hang' time, Focus time, Beam time, Color time etc.

'Up' time is the time for intensities increasing in value, 'Down' is the time for intensities decreasing in value, 'Focus' is the time for a moving light to move to its new position, etc.

While in a cue, if you press [Time], [5], [Enter], you will get a combined 5 sec time for both 'Up' and 'Down'.  If you press [Time], [5], [Time], [1],  [0], [Enter], you will get an 'Up' time of 5 seconds, and a 'Down' time of 10 seconds, and so on.

Is that what you mean?

• i know all that, but notice when you press time many times, you don't cross Time Up, you come back straight to Time out after intensity time. 

Plus: in the exemple i gave: let's say a cue already has 1minute time. I type time+5/-5, it won't make 1.05 time up /0.55 time down  (what i expected),  it will give 1.05 time up and 1.00 time out (time out =1.00+5-5=1.00)

. For what i understand, there's a Time, including up and out, then there is a Time out.

• Hi  ,

You are hitting a variant of [EOS-14445] [cue 1 time + x down time enter] adds the up time to the down time.

As a work around you will need to do each addition/subtraction discretely on the command line.

Cue 1 Time +5 Enter (which will add 5 to all Time fields)

Cue 1 Time Time -10 Enter

Reply Children
Related