Disable Status Change warnings?

In Nomad (3.1.1) I get a "Console Status Changed" warning quite often. "The show file grew too large ..." - it is actually only 1MB.
Having to have to click it away several times a night is a bit annoying. Can it be disabled?

Parents
  • Hi mfo, this is actually somewhat concerning - it sounds like you may be experiencing a bug of some kind that is causing your current in-use memory to grow more quickly than normal.  You should only see that message when the in-use memory grows to 1Gb, which may never happen in a normal programming session, or may happen every few hours if lots of manual programming is being done.

This could also be caused by lots of inputs via OSC, UDP strings, or MIDI messages.

If you would like us to investigate, please retrieve the logs on the Nomad and send them our way: Retrieving or Saving Log Files from Eos Family Consoles - Electronic Theatre Controls Inc

• Does the size of the show file on disk have any bearing on this? I've been getting this warning about once a day on an Apex 10. My show file was about 10 MB, and I purged about 3 MB of unused assets, but it's still happening.

I've have a lot of moving lights and have been doing a lot of manual programming, and highlight has been very laggy, like 1 sec to see the light after pressing Next.

I can continue to purge assets from the file, but don't want to spend time doing that if it's not actually helpful.

• The status messages this post refers to are not about the storage space on your console or the size of the showfile.  They are about the size of the running list of changes (mostly, but not completely, analogous to what is shown in the Undo list). 

You will reach the limit of that list much more quickly by making lots of manual changes, everything from copying cues from one place to another to nudging parameters with encoders.

highlight has been very laggy, like 1 sec to see the light after pressing Next.

Does this stop right after the Undo list is reset, or does it continue afterwards?  

It may be best to save logs when the lag is happening and email them to eos@etcconnect.com along with reference to this post and the time/date the issue is happening, so that we can have a look and try to replicate the lag.

• Ok great, glad my magic sheet assets aren't related.

The lag continued after undo list reset. The system was actually using an Ion Xe 12K as the primary, and my Apex 10 was the backup. I flip flopped the Apex to primary and Xe to backup, and both the lag and warnings about size stopped.

Do the consoles with (presumably) more RAM have a higher limit before this happens?

I can send logs from any devices if you want, but I don't have a time stamp for when highlight was laggy unfortunately.

• Ok great, glad my magic sheet assets aren't related.

The lag continued after undo list reset. The system was actually using an Ion Xe 12K as the primary, and my Apex 10 was the backup. I flip flopped the Apex to primary and Xe to backup, and both the lag and warnings about size stopped.

Do the consoles with (presumably) more RAM have a higher limit before this happens?

I can send logs from any devices if you want, but I don't have a time stamp for when highlight was laggy unfortunately.

Children
No Data
Related