Moving Train FX

We have a simple train, with eight windows, on our stage.

Each of these windows has it's own 2kw halogen light.

I did a simple chase with level 0 and background to get a moving impression.

But it's too uniform.

First I tried with a simple absolute fx, but I need a pause between each run-through, in best case this pause would be random between X and Y seconds...

So I was switching to a chase fx with dummy channels at the end for the pause.

Is there a better way to get the pause, maybe even randomised? 

I would like to use two of these effects with different timings on these 8 lights to get a more random effect, but I can't find a way to use two intensity effects at the same time. 

Thanks for help. 

Parents
  • OK, got it like this: I rebuild the FX in a different cue list and linked the last cue to the first, so it loops endless.

Copied this cue list to the next one and only changed the last follow time, so the pause would be longer.

I execute these two cue lists instead of my effect and I get two inverted intensity chases running on the same fixtures with slightly different timing for a more random overall effect. 

To stop the fake fx I used a macro for releasing those cuelists. 

• OK, got it like this: I rebuild the FX in a different cue list and linked the last cue to the first, so it loops endless.

Copied this cue list to the next one and only changed the last follow time, so the pause would be longer.

I execute these two cue lists instead of my effect and I get two inverted intensity chases running on the same fixtures with slightly different timing for a more random overall effect. 

To stop the fake fx I used a macro for releasing those cuelists. 

Children
Related