Potential bug with 'slash' not working in macros that reference other cue lists?

I'm using a separate cue list to fire the 'fog' attribute on a pair of Chauvet Geysers (to work around the 'fog' attribute being auto marked and firing in the cue before I want it!)

I'm then using [Cue] {Execute} to trigger the cue in the separate cue list (similar to the approach in this video)

Because this is something I'm going to want to do repeatedly throughout the show I've recorded a macro (using learn) that in the macro editor appears as I'd expect – `Cue Execute 2 / 1`

But when I actually trigger the macro (using custom direct selects, if that makes any difference) on my cue back in cue list 1 it appears on the command line as e.g. 'Cue 32.1 Execute Cue 2 1' (with no slash) and ends up creating a link to cue 1/1 (appears in Ext Links in the PSD as Q1/1).

So it's like the slash isn't being recognised when included as part of the macro.

I've tried setting the macro mode to 'foreground' but it doesn't seem to have made a difference.

Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong? Thanks!

(This is with Eos v3.1.1 Build 120 on Mac)

Parents
  • Thinking about workarounds: if you are looking for a single fog hit for a certain amount of time, would a submaster work in lieu of a cue?

If so, you could write a macro 'Sub x at %' (and even add a duration to the macro before turning off the sub).  Subs should still play nicely with Go To Cue Out.
    I've also found that using a macro with Go To Cue 2/1 can allow both to play simultaneously without the Execute issue (assuming your cue 1/ is not competing with 2/1 for fog levels and 2/1 only has fog data).

• Thinking about workarounds: if you are looking for a single fog hit for a certain amount of time, would a submaster work in lieu of a cue?

If so, you could write a macro 'Sub x at %' (and even add a duration to the macro before turning off the sub).  Subs should still play nicely with Go To Cue Out.
    I've also found that using a macro with Go To Cue 2/1 can allow both to play simultaneously without the Execute issue (assuming your cue 1/ is not competing with 2/1 for fog levels and 2/1 only has fog data).

Children
Related