Paradigm presets disable when master console goes offline

Hi there, 

We have an Ion console that we just set up with a backup nomad system, while we were testing it we noticed that if the Ion went offline our presets would essentially turn off and not function. The lights on the button stations were still illuminated but the house/stage lights shut off. We had a few channels up on the ion when we exited out to the shell and those stayed on but everything else seemingly died. How would this happen? I should note that the house lights were not being controlled by the console. Any help is appreciated!

Parents
  • Am I reading correctly, it is when the Nomad backup takes over that Paradigm presets don't work anymore?

In that case my guess would be priorities. By default a backup takes over with a higher sACN priority. But if your Paradigm was programmed to be at the same priority as your Ion, in the case of backup taking over Nomad would be bumped up and step on your Paradigm.

If this what happens you could look into the seeing "Backup takes over with higher priority" and disable that. You can find this setting in the shell under Settings>Network.

• I will try this later today, I'm assuming channels on the console will still remain on if it goes offline with this setting disabled. Correct? 

Interesting that something can take over the paradigm system, always thought that nothing can take over it as the highest value always wins. 

Reply Children
Related