How to have an overlapping effect on the same fixture which is activated by a bump button on a fader?

Eos console...What I would like to have happen is this: A chase effect is running on a single fixture (Astera Titan, 8 cell mode). The chase effect is saved on a submaster and assigned to a fader. When the bump button is pressed the effect runs one cycle. But, if the bump button is pressed again, the effect will activate again without canceling the first instance of the effect. The 2nd activation is chasing the 1st one without a canceling it and starting. So this effect would be stacking up on itself each time the bump button was pressed. It would be almost like a gun firing each time the bump button is pushed and the glow of each shot would fade out naturally; not terminate.

Is this possible as a single effect? 

Would this be done in a 2nd Cue List with the bump button activating the next cue? 

Looking forward you all your suggestions!

Parents
  • With FX's i would say somehow definitly 'No'.
    Struggeling here only means, with some extraextraextra work around you may be able. But i don't think that it is worth it.

With a Cuelist... I would also go with a 'No'
    Same reason here as with the FX.

My Explenation:

FX on Sub: 
    On one Fixture-Parameter there is only 1 FX at a time allowed. (Yes you can work around with a Submaster).
    The FX will need to finish, after it could be restartet.
    If you like to fire, in Random time, an FX, you need a couple of Subs with the FX and than you can try.

Mimic the FX with a Cuelist:
    Similar to an FX, the Cuelist need to finish first and can than be retriggered.
    Multiple Cuelists could work. Same conditions as the FX-on-Sub

---

A Pixelmap could help if you have a specific pattern.
    But try to trigger it random by hand will also result in making multiple layer.
    And the Fadeout at the end of the Tube would be realy hard to make.

----

Conclusion:
    I think i would go with a couple of Submasters
    More than 5 is propably overkill on a 8Cell Fixture.
    The Fadeout could be done with the FX(internaly) or with the Fader (Up/Hold/Down-Time).

Overall a nice little project. But realy a trouble.

• Thank you for your suggestions. I will try getting one of these options going. 

Here is an additional side note: I saw a GrandMa programmer do this on a titan tube, and the effect was/seemed to be overlapping. I asked him by text about how he achieved this and here is his reply:

Me: I've been wondering about that effect you did on the fader, the the bump button and the Titan tube. Did you tell me that was a cue stack?
    MA Programmer: Yeah cue stack on a temp trigger. A temp trigger for me is a button that will fire a look for as long as I hold it. It releases to stored levels after you stop pressing the trigger.
    Me: Ok. If I remember right, the light effect you were having on that tube would continue on. Would that just be a fade/exit time before returning to a background status?
    MA Programmer: Correct. Delay time from trigger
    Thinking
  • But if i read the response right, there was no multiple trigger of an FX.

If there was a Cuelist running, than this could be reproduced easily.

Reply Children
No Data
Related