BUG - EOS 3.2.2 Build 25: Regarding effect playback after recovering from a failover state

I've been experiencing a bug as follows:

After recovering from a failover state (Primary takes control back from Backup), sometimes, Effect playback in cues is negatively impacted.

Mostly color effects become steppy and sporadic, and do not seem to follow their recorded timing parameters.

When monitoring the affected fixtures in sACN Output Viewer (and in 3rd party viewers), the only source is the IONXE20.

Asserting the affected cuelists does not solve the issue, only releasing and playing back the cue list results in expected behavior.

-IONXE20 - Master
-IONRPU - Backup
-GIO - Client
-Windows 10 Nomad - Client

Would love to know if there are any workarounds or fixes I could implement.

Parents
  • I tried a simple test for this and cannot repeat your results - I do not see stutter / steppy / sporadic color effects after having the Backup take control, then returning to the Primary.

If you monitor the affected fixtures in sACNView (3rd-party tool) and use the Oscillscope view, does that show the choppy result?  (it doesn't for me).

If you'd be willing to post your showfile and give some example cues where you've had this trouble, we could look further into it.

Thanks, -MattP.

• I tried a simple test for this and cannot repeat your results - I do not see stutter / steppy / sporadic color effects after having the Backup take control, then returning to the Primary.

If you monitor the affected fixtures in sACNView (3rd-party tool) and use the Oscillscope view, does that show the choppy result?  (it doesn't for me).

If you'd be willing to post your showfile and give some example cues where you've had this trouble, we could look further into it.

Thanks, -MattP.

Children
Related