Is there a way for an Ion XE20 to highlight the backlights for encoder buttons?

I am programming on an Ion XE20 after previously using an Ion Classic with built in screen to show encoder data. The classic also has lights in the Intensity, Focus, Color, Shutter, Image, and Form buttons to show which is mapped to the encoder wheels. 

Now that I have upgraded a console, I find myself just grabbing the encoder wheels and spinning them thinking they are on a specific setting such as Focus, but they're on something else. Is there a setting I've missed or is there a way to get those keys to have their backlight higher or even a different color so I know what I'm spinning?

I know it shows up on my monitors, but I'm focused on my rig and making sure it is doing what I want it to. I also realize that I can open up that panel with the Encoder Display button- but I don't want to use up monitor space on that. 

Another thing I have noticed is those virtual buttons are not in the correct order.

The screen has:

Intensity > Focus > Color > Form > Image > Shutter

The surface has:

Intensity > Focus > Color > Shutter > Image > Form

Is this a programming bug or am I just looking past something? 

Parents
  • Howdy kecka!

The Ion Xe 20 has emitters behind the buttons to allow us to show you the category selection, we've just not yet implemented it in the software. We have some additional indication work to do on the larger desks too, this is all being tracked under EOS-36556.

Regarding the order between the screen and the buttons - sometimes development is imperfect :)

When Eos Classic hardware was developed, the category buttons were arranged as Shutter > Image > Form. Then as Eos grew in usage, programmers and designers helped us determine that seeing things like zoom and edge were more important than seeing the shutters (which are often all in the same palette), and so the software was changed. But it was a big undertaking to change existing and new consoles, so the buttons remained. And to keep the muscle memory of programmers from previous generations, as new hardware has been introduced, the order of the buttons has stayed the same. Maybe in Eos v10 we'll be brave enough to make the change ;) 

~n~

• Howdy kecka!

The Ion Xe 20 has emitters behind the buttons to allow us to show you the category selection, we've just not yet implemented it in the software. We have some additional indication work to do on the larger desks too, this is all being tracked under EOS-36556.

Regarding the order between the screen and the buttons - sometimes development is imperfect :)

When Eos Classic hardware was developed, the category buttons were arranged as Shutter > Image > Form. Then as Eos grew in usage, programmers and designers helped us determine that seeing things like zoom and edge were more important than seeing the shutters (which are often all in the same palette), and so the software was changed. But it was a big undertaking to change existing and new consoles, so the buttons remained. And to keep the muscle memory of programmers from previous generations, as new hardware has been introduced, the order of the buttons has stayed the same. Maybe in Eos v10 we'll be brave enough to make the change ;) 

~n~

Children
No Data
Related