BUG REPORT: 3.2.4 Client Causing looping Cue

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ag5AZbiMaHU6g7xJCnVVmuU6xAOABg?e=Qh8o3a

Link to accompanying docs, A Show File, Logs, and Video of what happened.

This instance I caught on a Gio@5 Primary with a Nomad as the Client, although I've seen it before in other cases, a Puck and Nomad Client on 3.2.3 also had a problem. At the time the solve was to downgrade the Puck and Nomad to 3.1.5 and it worked.

When the Gio@5 had the client connected, taking cues would cause the cue to loop. Cue List at 0 didn't take it out, usually I stopped it by disconnecting the Client or exiting to the shell on the primary.

The Logs are from the client connected.

Parents
  • Thanks for the report - we received another report of this type of issue yesterday. 

I believe the issue is that the OSC Cue Recv String matches the OSC Cue Send String, regardless of OSC RX and OSC TX settings. (RX and TX are for external connections).

We changed how internal OSC commands (e.g., magic sheet objects that respond to OSC and similar) were handled in 3.2.0, and connecting a client exposes a defect in the way that this is handled. We will investigate further.

However, the workaround is to change to the OSC Cue strings to not match. 

• Thanks for the report - we received another report of this type of issue yesterday. 

I believe the issue is that the OSC Cue Recv String matches the OSC Cue Send String, regardless of OSC RX and OSC TX settings. (RX and TX are for external connections).

We changed how internal OSC commands (e.g., magic sheet objects that respond to OSC and similar) were handled in 3.2.0, and connecting a client exposes a defect in the way that this is handled. We will investigate further.

However, the workaround is to change to the OSC Cue strings to not match. 

Children
Related