Control Non-Dim Circuits via the Board (Relays (R20) Replacing CC(20) Perhaps?)

Hi,

I am the Lighting Lead at a theater in NC; I just started this fall, and so I have had time for things to settle and see where they've landed.

One of the most annoying things about our current system setup is that all our non-dim fixtures (LEDs, movers, etc) have to be controlled by a non-dim card (a Constant 20A card). This means whenever we power them up or shut down, someone has to go to the dimmer rack (unfortunately located in a random maintenance closet) and switch them on/off. I heard from a buddy of mine that it might be possible to do this from the board via a command if I were to switch the non-dim CC20 Cards to Relay Cards R20, but I have not been able to find helpful documentation or articles online of others that have done this. If anyone has any advice or can walk through what the actual setup process/board commands would be, that would be greatly appreciated! (Board is an ION)

Thanks!

Alex

Parents
  • Hello Alex,

I use R20AF modules to power movers and LED fixtures.  If you have CEM3, you can also use Thru-Power modules.  I haven't had a chance to work with them, yet.

I use a computer on my lighting network and sACNView to control the relays, so that the console isn't the source of the fixtures staying powered.  This way if I need to shutdown the console or change files I don't have to worry about remembering what is parked or not.  In my set-up, I have a distro that I use for some mover power and relays for other remote locations that are a pain to get cable to from the distro.  I have the computer at the distro, so I power on my movers and LEDs from the same location.

Hope this helps,

John

• Hello Alex,

I use R20AF modules to power movers and LED fixtures.  If you have CEM3, you can also use Thru-Power modules.  I haven't had a chance to work with them, yet.

I use a computer on my lighting network and sACNView to control the relays, so that the console isn't the source of the fixtures staying powered.  This way if I need to shutdown the console or change files I don't have to worry about remembering what is parked or not.  In my set-up, I have a distro that I use for some mover power and relays for other remote locations that are a pain to get cable to from the distro.  I have the computer at the distro, so I power on my movers and LEDs from the same location.

Hope this helps,

John

Children
No Data
Related