Lamp on/off question

Hi,

I have four ADJ Hydro beam x12 fixtures.They are discharge lamps.I only use them at the beginning and at the end of a three hour show.

My understanding is that I can't use the shutter for dimming during the rest of the show because the shutter will become damaged if it is closed to long.

Is this correct?

I can shut off the lamp with lamp control of course(I still have to test this) although this is not a programmable function but I can live with that.

What is the best practice in this case.

Regards,Jack

Parents
  • Hi Jack,

Turning the lamp on and off first has to be enabled from the fixture's System Menu, per these excerpts from pages 26 and 30 of the Hydro Beam X12's User Manual:

Then, according to this chart of DMX Addresses and their function from page 34 of the User Manual, and depending on whether the fixture is in its 14 or 18 channel mode/profile, putting the 14th or 18th DMX address of the fixture to 51% to 54% (equivalent to 130 to 139 DMX value) will turn the Lamp On, and 90% to 93% (equivalent to 230 to 239 DMX values) will turn the Lamp Off. (The excerpt of the Percentage vs. DMX Value Chart is from a chart that I made years ago.)

Now you can build those values into cues for your show.

• Hi thank you very much I can test this next week when the fixtures arrive

Reply Children
No Data
Related