Updating Ion Classic Windows 7 from 2.4.0

Hello all.

New to the community!

I am a parent volunteer (former lighting guy from the dark ages of the Express 48/96 days) at my kids high school and getting their technical side of things in order.  According to the pics of how to identify which version of the condole we have, We appear to have an ETC Ion Classic Windows 7.  It is currently operating on 2.4.0 and has not been updated in quite some time.  

Any issues with going straight from 2.4.0 to the most recent 3.2?  It will be quite a jump, just want to make sure that there won't be any issues.  

Thank You

Parents
  • Just a quick update.  I didn't want to update until we finished our Spring show, which ended last weekend.  I had talked to the service tech at our local Barbizon, and he said that if I brought him the console, he would update it for me.  That way if there were any issues, he could deal with them directly.  I dropped it off Thursday afternoon and it was ready first thing Friday morning.  No trouble at all going from 2.4.0 to 3.2.  

For our Spring show, we did start to incorporate groups and pallets for the first time with the kids.  The lighting designer, programmer, and board ops are all high school kids (regular public high school, not an arts school).  The school doesn't have a theatre tech program at all, but we are slowly building one.  With LED and a few moving lights coming in next year, we will grow by leaps and bounds.  

Thanks all for the great answers, and thanks to Barbizon Charlotte!  

• Just a quick update.  I didn't want to update until we finished our Spring show, which ended last weekend.  I had talked to the service tech at our local Barbizon, and he said that if I brought him the console, he would update it for me.  That way if there were any issues, he could deal with them directly.  I dropped it off Thursday afternoon and it was ready first thing Friday morning.  No trouble at all going from 2.4.0 to 3.2.  

For our Spring show, we did start to incorporate groups and pallets for the first time with the kids.  The lighting designer, programmer, and board ops are all high school kids (regular public high school, not an arts school).  The school doesn't have a theatre tech program at all, but we are slowly building one.  With LED and a few moving lights coming in next year, we will grow by leaps and bounds.  

Thanks all for the great answers, and thanks to Barbizon Charlotte!  

Children
No Data
Related