Bug? Ion XE Outputs DMX 0 while offline

Hi there,

I am working on an Ion XE this week and noticed some weird behavoir. I booted into offline to change showfiles without changing the look on stage and to prevent a blackout. When I opened a diffrent showfile while in offline, the entire rig went black, it seems the console for a split second was outputting 0 values. Is this intentional?

Thanks,

Tyler

Parents
  • So if I understand you correctly, you were in Primary mode, and then switched to offline mode to make some changes, and while you were offline (on the XE) the rig went black. What you might be seeing is that when you exit to the Shell it will stop outputting completely, which is different than sending zeros. Depending on how your DMX nodes, dimmers and end devices are configured will determine what the behavior is. It is not uncommon for them to hold a specific value for only a short period of time, such as 1 minute, before they blackout. However they can also be configured to persist indefinitely. 

• Yes, I was in primary then exited, then opened offline. The fixtures I was using were configured to hold the last DMX values infinitely and the dimmer was configured to fade slowly over 30 seconds. What happened was a snap to black. I will double check if this is reporiducable tomorrow when I am back on site. I have definitly done this same thing on my Ion classic (win 7) without this happening.

• I can confirm this is a repeatable issue. The console is running 3.2.7.18

Reply Children
Related