fading multiple cues with different fade times

while i'm fading from cue 1 to 2 in a long time (let's say 5:00min), I want  another light to fade in at a specific moment (seperate cue) and fade out again (another seperate cue). Is this possible in the same cuelist? For instance by creating an empty cue that only triggers (executes) a cue in another cuelist. I tried to create an empty cue but all values from previous cue went to 0.

• That's absolutely possible! And you don't even need fancy constructions with Execute.

Eos follows the move-fade philosophy so channels only move if they're told to. Unless they receive a new move instruction they just keep doing what they are already doing, no matter if they are static or if they are currently changing because a previous cue told them to.

Consider this example. You're in cue 1 and press Go for cue 2. Channel 1 will fade in over a time of 5 minutes. While this transition is still going on you press Go for cue 3. Channel 1 doesn't receive a new instruction (the magenta font color means that this is nothing new) and will continue its fade, while channel 2 will do its fade in 5 seconds.

For this to work cue 3 must not carry an Assert flag.

Related