Chauvet Cloud 9 triggering without command

I’m having an issue with this fixture triggering without a command from my console. I am running an Ion with most recent version of EOS software. I have the device patched and there are no addresses being used within 100 spaces of the device I have tried separating it out and running its own DMX line from the splitter in case it was interference from another device; however, the line it was on was not at the maximum number of fixtures. I’ve also tried terminating at the fixture to no avail. The only way to stop It is to power off the device or unplug the DMX. I have tried both three and five pin connections, unpatching, and repatching, and readdressing. It seems to be random. Any suggestions? I am not in my theater right now, so I won’t be able to troubleshoot right now. 

Parents
  • I was having this issue also on my current show. The cloud 9 profile as built uses -1 as the off value for fog, so I had to alter the off state to truly be zero, and the fog state to start at 1 instead. (This also inhib subs from accidentally firing the fogger).

• I went into Patch->Fixtures->Cloud 9->Fog->DMX home from 0 to 1, and that did not work. Am I missing something? I didn't see where to set the off state. It's strange because it worked fine yesterday and this morning, but when running a cue check at preshow it came up in the cue and then would not go out unless turned off or DMX was disconnected. I tried repatching to  a different channel and had no control at all. It wouldn't even fire. I am wondering if the issue is at the fixture and not the console.

• I went into Patch->Fixtures->Cloud 9->Fog->DMX home from 0 to 1, and that did not work. Am I missing something? I didn't see where to set the off state. It's strange because it worked fine yesterday and this morning, but when running a cue check at preshow it came up in the cue and then would not go out unless turned off or DMX was disconnected. I tried repatching to  a different channel and had no control at all. It wouldn't even fire. I am wondering if the issue is at the fixture and not the console.

Children
No Data
Related