Need help building fixture profile with multiple color wheel control.

I'm trying to build a profile for a new light that has several independently controlled diodes that each have their own CMY color wheels. The wheels are going to be controlled by one address each, 0 being clear through 255 being yellow. I know it will have to be a multicell profile, but I'm having difficulty figuring out how to make that work. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! 

Parents
  • With a little Bit more time know. Sorry for the Double Post.

Currently, what i see a lot, is that EOS is using more and more the Parameter "Color Macro" or "Color Mix".
    Those have Multiple instances, they are numbered to distinct them from each other.

The biggest problem i see, currently, with (Multiple) Color Wheels(called Color Select) is, that you can not have them properly configured if they are not in a Cell.
    While you have multiple instances of one Color Wheel on a Single (No-Cell) Fixture, you are quite resricted because you can only select one Color Wheel per Fixture in Attributes.
    And while adding the 33th Gel (and further) to your Wheel, a Advisory(Warning) is thrown that "your Scroller/Wheel has more Frames than your Fixture Supports".
    You still can go on.

The good thing on Color Wheels is, that you can have a small preview of the Color while selecting the Fixture.
    With "Color Macros" / "Color Mix" you can't (at least as long as i know and see) have a Color Tile.
    You have to write all the Color Names down yourself, while with a Color Wheel it will be grabed from the Lib.

----

So the question is. How much different Color Wheel are you like to have. And is it important for you to have a Color Tile while using the Fixture. Or are you ok with "just" a name of the Color

• With a little Bit more time know. Sorry for the Double Post.

Currently, what i see a lot, is that EOS is using more and more the Parameter "Color Macro" or "Color Mix".
    Those have Multiple instances, they are numbered to distinct them from each other.

The biggest problem i see, currently, with (Multiple) Color Wheels(called Color Select) is, that you can not have them properly configured if they are not in a Cell.
    While you have multiple instances of one Color Wheel on a Single (No-Cell) Fixture, you are quite resricted because you can only select one Color Wheel per Fixture in Attributes.
    And while adding the 33th Gel (and further) to your Wheel, a Advisory(Warning) is thrown that "your Scroller/Wheel has more Frames than your Fixture Supports".
    You still can go on.

The good thing on Color Wheels is, that you can have a small preview of the Color while selecting the Fixture.
    With "Color Macros" / "Color Mix" you can't (at least as long as i know and see) have a Color Tile.
    You have to write all the Color Names down yourself, while with a Color Wheel it will be grabed from the Lib.

----

So the question is. How much different Color Wheel are you like to have. And is it important for you to have a Color Tile while using the Fixture. Or are you ok with "just" a name of the Color

Children
No Data
Related