Concurrent Macros?

So I need multiple macros to be able to run simultaneously. Is there any way to do that? Right now starting a new one while another is running terminates the other. I tried setting them to all different kinds of priorities to no avail. 

Parents
  • Reading though this list of posts it seems like you are trying to use/create external software to control eos to not use the built in effects package but control channels independently but also record that back into the eos somehow.......

Not really sure why you would want to do this other than curiosity.

You are coming at this from a coding background but console programming comes from a design background and historic theater.  You may be able to do more of what you are looking for using OSC but it seems like you are hung up on using macros.  Eos does not have a very advanced macro language yet.  It has been discussed and considered over the years but there are many other priorities in the development of this console line.

The effects in the video you posted can be achieved with the features already in the console without macrotizing.  

If you can give a good explanation of what result you are looking for rather than the actions you want to take to get the result we can help you with the current software that is available to achieve those results. 

If you just want to code and ignore what the software is built to do you may want to look at the MA line of consoles as they are more open to 3rd party enhancement through LUA scripts and have a more advanced macro engine in them.  

Lighting consoles are tools and finding the right tool for you and your job is important.  

I love programming on Eos consoles but have also learned how to program other systems and use that knowledge to expand my use of Eos.

This is not meant to offend just trying to help and understand what you are trying to achieve.

Andrew Webberley

• Reading though this list of posts it seems like you are trying to use/create external software to control eos to not use the built in effects package but control channels independently but also record that back into the eos somehow.......

Not really sure why you would want to do this other than curiosity.

You are coming at this from a coding background but console programming comes from a design background and historic theater.  You may be able to do more of what you are looking for using OSC but it seems like you are hung up on using macros.  Eos does not have a very advanced macro language yet.  It has been discussed and considered over the years but there are many other priorities in the development of this console line.

The effects in the video you posted can be achieved with the features already in the console without macrotizing.  

If you can give a good explanation of what result you are looking for rather than the actions you want to take to get the result we can help you with the current software that is available to achieve those results. 

If you just want to code and ignore what the software is built to do you may want to look at the MA line of consoles as they are more open to 3rd party enhancement through LUA scripts and have a more advanced macro engine in them.  

Lighting consoles are tools and finding the right tool for you and your job is important.  

I love programming on Eos consoles but have also learned how to program other systems and use that knowledge to expand my use of Eos.

This is not meant to offend just trying to help and understand what you are trying to achieve.

Andrew Webberley

Children
No Data
Related