Nomad Client Not Connecting to Master

I am trying to connect from my nomad MacBook Pro(client) to the house nomad Mac mini. (Master). I have done this in the past at other venues, but this is my first time at this theater. I have checked the following things so far:

Matching Version 3.2.9

Matching Library 3.2.8.12

Same Network

Multi-console turned on in settings

I can see the Master on my Laptop under "available master consoles", but the text is red and it won't connect. I can also see my device "Online" on the Master in "About console." 

Thanks,

Bruce

Parents
  • What is network address of both devices including all three parts 1.) IP address 2.) Subnet Mask 3.) Default Gateway

Screenshots would be helpful

• An example of a working setup - with both Nomad Laptops being connected via an
    unmanaged Switch (not crossover cable) would have following network addresses:
    Nomad 1 IP: 10.101.1.101
    Subnet Mask: 255.255.0.0
    Default Gateway: 10.101.1.1

Nomad 2 IP: 10.101.1.102
    Subnet Mask: 255.255.0.0
    Default Gateway: 10.101.1.1

If you are going through a or multiple managed switches, then there can be many

settings that allow you to see each other, but not connect. That's why we recommend

using an unmanaged switch to troubleshoot, and if it works then, you will need to figure

out which of your managed switch settings needs to be adjusted.

Realize that using Nomad on your own computers, in Eos Setup, you can only see the Network Address Setup,
    but cannot edit it there - you must edit that information in the Mac OS Settings.

Send screenshots from Network Settings of both Nomad Laptops so we can further troubleshoot,
    or feedback if you got it working, what was the solution would be nice.

Have fun!

• I will be at the theater this evening and will check all of the information you suggested. Thank you so much for your help.

Thanks,

Bruce

• I'm not sure what changed, but when I connected the next time I was in the theater, it worked. The only thing that I can think of was that I was unable to restart the primary computer on the initial day of the problem, since it was running the show. I had restarted my client computer and that didn't make a difference.

Thank you for your willingness to provide help! It is greatly appreciated. 
    Thanks,

Bruce

• I'm not sure what changed, but when I connected the next time I was in the theater, it worked. The only thing that I can think of was that I was unable to restart the primary computer on the initial day of the problem, since it was running the show. I had restarted my client computer and that didn't make a difference.

Thank you for your willingness to provide help! It is greatly appreciated. 
    Thanks,

Bruce

Children
No Data
Related