Blind to Live and tabs

First off, thank you for bring tabs to the Ion.   My questions involves going to blind via patch, effect effect or others of the like.  When I do this it opens a tab and changes my screens. This is good. But then,  I press the live button to go into live and I would expect the live screen display to restore to what it was before I went to patch, etc. Instead, I have to either go to a saved snapshot or tab, escape. This seems like too many steps, and not very efficient in programming., especially when the norm for the legacy boards is to restore to the live look (or where you were before you went to blind).

Is there a more efficient way of getting back to my restored view?  Is this something that maybe changed down the road?

Thank you.

Parents
  • Ah, we are totally not seeing this.  When you come back to live from any other display, you should be in the same mode that you were in live before you left.  There is one exception to this.  If you are in a blind view, and you change your format (lets say from table to summary) when you return to live, you will be in summary view.  If you change to spreadsheet in blind, it does not impact the live format.  Flexi states are independent.  Can you provide a little bit more info?

Thanks,

a

• Here is one example.  The syntax I used was sub sub, then I did what I had to, then live.  The sub sub tab stays and I don't see my snapshot or the last viewed live screen.  The sub tab stays and I have to tab escape. 

On another note, but similar. When I have a 5x10 opened in the CIA and then I go to Browser, it opens. All is well. I would expect, that when I close the browser, the 5 x 10 would reappear. It does not. I have to go back into the browser and reopen it.  Is there anyway to make this restore as well?

• Hmmm... Is the sub tab opening on top of the live view?  When you press live, it should pull both live (Tab 1) and the PSD (Tab 2) back to the surface ... unless the PSD has been placed on the same monitor as Tab 1.   Can I ask why snapshot (which you don't see) is related to this?  Can you send me your showfile and I'll see if there is anything odd.

Right now, the default for the CIA is the parameter tiles/browser.  You can't lock to a different view.  In 2.0, we are providing more management of what that screen goes back to when the last content is removed.

Hope that helps.

a

• Hmmm... Is the sub tab opening on top of the live view?  When you press live, it should pull both live (Tab 1) and the PSD (Tab 2) back to the surface ... unless the PSD has been placed on the same monitor as Tab 1.   Can I ask why snapshot (which you don't see) is related to this?  Can you send me your showfile and I'll see if there is anything odd.

Right now, the default for the CIA is the parameter tiles/browser.  You can't lock to a different view.  In 2.0, we are providing more management of what that screen goes back to when the last content is removed.

Hope that helps.

a

Children
Related