iRFR network setup

Hello All, I just purchased a couple of wireless routers and the ipad iRFR app and am ready to go! I spent time on the product wiki page and am still having diffculties. 1. I am assuming that I need to configure the router *before* it is plugged into the EOS. I have configured many many router/internet connections successfully (computer/modem/router), but when I plug the router straight into the computer to configure it doesn't connect (I have a netgear router and the config address is www.routerlogin.net) What am I missing? 2. In the router config utility there is a "Internet IP Address" where I assume I select "Use Static IP Address" and enter the information manually. What do I use for the DNS server info? 3. Is there a suggested security protocol? 4. WAN? LAN? Hopefully these aren't too basic! Thanks,

[edited by: Pat Immel at 9:39 AM (GMT -6) on Sat, Aug 6 2011]
Parents
  • Yes you need to configure the router before adding it to the ETC network. I have an older netgear router that I used for my aRFR and I connected to the router using http://routerlogin.com, notice there is no www in that address. Have you tried resetting the router and then trying to access it? What port of the router are you plugging into to try and configure it? I believe I used a regular wired port, not the Wan/Lan port. There should be an option for setting a Static IP. For DNS on my router I believe I used 192.168.1.1 which I think was defalut, but I can't remember exactly. I'll try and check next time I'm at my venue. For security I used 64 bit WEP and had the router make a key from a passphrase. I don't believe it matters too much as you just want to have some security so that all the Joe Schmo's don't try and connect to the lighting network. I hope some of this info helps, good luck!

• Yes you need to configure the router before adding it to the ETC network. I have an older netgear router that I used for my aRFR and I connected to the router using http://routerlogin.com, notice there is no www in that address. Have you tried resetting the router and then trying to access it? What port of the router are you plugging into to try and configure it? I believe I used a regular wired port, not the Wan/Lan port. There should be an option for setting a Static IP. For DNS on my router I believe I used 192.168.1.1 which I think was defalut, but I can't remember exactly. I'll try and check next time I'm at my venue. For security I used 64 bit WEP and had the router make a key from a passphrase. I don't believe it matters too much as you just want to have some security so that all the Joe Schmo's don't try and connect to the lighting network. I hope some of this info helps, good luck!

Children
No Data
Related