iRFR network setup

Hello All, I just purchased a couple of wireless routers and the ipad iRFR app and am ready to go! I spent time on the product wiki page and am still having diffculties. 1. I am assuming that I need to configure the router *before* it is plugged into the EOS. I have configured many many router/internet connections successfully (computer/modem/router), but when I plug the router straight into the computer to configure it doesn't connect (I have a netgear router and the config address is www.routerlogin.net) What am I missing? 2. In the router config utility there is a "Internet IP Address" where I assume I select "Use Static IP Address" and enter the information manually. What do I use for the DNS server info? 3. Is there a suggested security protocol? 4. WAN? LAN? Hopefully these aren't too basic! Thanks,

[edited by: Pat Immel at 9:39 AM (GMT -6) on Sat, Aug 6 2011]
Parents
  • I read your post one more time. If you cannot get into your router, reset it. Hit the reset button for 30 seconds, and while still holding the reset unplug for another 30 seconds, plug back in and continue to hold the reset button for another 30 seconds. Default ip should be 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 or 254 for the last number. Make you have "obtain an ip address automatically" enabled.

If you still have a problem, google your model number and the default ip should be online somewhere. If you cant connect, change your static ip to something in the same pool as the default ip: if the default should be 192.168.1.1 set the static ip on your computer to 192.168.1.2, then open a browser and type in the default ip 192.168.1.1.

• I read your post one more time. If you cannot get into your router, reset it. Hit the reset button for 30 seconds, and while still holding the reset unplug for another 30 seconds, plug back in and continue to hold the reset button for another 30 seconds. Default ip should be 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 or 254 for the last number. Make you have "obtain an ip address automatically" enabled.

If you still have a problem, google your model number and the default ip should be online somewhere. If you cant connect, change your static ip to something in the same pool as the default ip: if the default should be 192.168.1.1 set the static ip on your computer to 192.168.1.2, then open a browser and type in the default ip 192.168.1.1.

Children
No Data
Related