Unable to get a solid connection with iPhone/iPad iRFR and iOS 5 update.

Hello,

Since my update to iOS5 I am unable to keep a constant connection to my ION. Every few minutes the app disconnects and I have to reconnect. This problem occurs on both my iPhone 4 and iPad (1st gen). In trying to figure out the problem I noticed that when attempting to connect to the board I would look at the iPhone/seetings/wifi screen and a connection is never truely made. I canstantly see the working icon, never a checkmark. I have asked a couple of other people at the theater with iDevices that have upgraded and they have to same issue trying to connect. I can connect to any other network without any issues except the ION.

I never had this issue until the upgrade to iOS5. If anyone else is having this issue and knows of a solution any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Parents
  • Just wanted to chime in that I just ran a rehearsal with my iphone for well over an hour without a problem.

I use a static ip address, and yes, I also have iCloud and Wi-fi backup enabled.

Not sure why this would be but it seems like iphones that are getting ip addresses from DHCP may be the problem. 

The other thing I have noticed with the new iOS is that the wi-fi seems to not like the fact that there's no internet on it and will try and go back to something that does have internet on its own. Drives me crazy.

• 9 years later and that's still an annoying issue. I even looked into trying to find a way to have my AP spoof an internet connection to no avail.

Reply Children
No Data
Related