Unable to get a solid connection with iPhone/iPad iRFR and iOS 5 update.

Hello,

Since my update to iOS5 I am unable to keep a constant connection to my ION. Every few minutes the app disconnects and I have to reconnect. This problem occurs on both my iPhone 4 and iPad (1st gen). In trying to figure out the problem I noticed that when attempting to connect to the board I would look at the iPhone/seetings/wifi screen and a connection is never truely made. I canstantly see the working icon, never a checkmark. I have asked a couple of other people at the theater with iDevices that have upgraded and they have to same issue trying to connect. I can connect to any other network without any issues except the ION.

I never had this issue until the upgrade to iOS5. If anyone else is having this issue and knows of a solution any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Parents
  • Is your iPad a 3G?

To trouble-shoot the problem, try switching to Airplane Mode and then connect to your lighting system WAP.

Thanks,

Dennis Varian

• hi,

we have the same problem. the first idea was: no mobile data, but it´s not comfortable...
    Look at the wlan network in your iPhone... what´s your ip?
    DHCP or Statisch?
    You must give the network a static ip... you must write the Router-ip (the same from your WLAN-Router and the DNS (it´s the same ip from your WLAN-Router.
    HTTP-Proxy: AUS (the first button)

my configuration:
    IP: 10.101.124.105
    Subnetzmaske: 255.255.0.0
    Router: 10.101.124.102
    DNS: 10.101.124.102

no Router ip and no DNS ip was our problem.
    Now it works like bevor iOS5 (iPhone 4)

hope that helps!

• If there is an iOS 5 issue, I would be very surprised to find it changes any behavior related to the network routing tables. 

I hate to disagree with theblackmoon but, for the majority of people using iRFR and aRFR there is no reason to do any configuration on your wireless access point/router or to manually set the ip address of the handheld device.  Most problems we see getting iRFR working stem from manually misconfiguring network addresses that the devices can usually get correct on their own. 

I defined a set of simple steps that work with most wireless routers/access points in this post

[edited by: Tracy.Fitch at 3:38 PM (GMT -6) on Tue, Oct 18 2011] fixed typo
  • Well, some progress has been made, Thanks Blackmoon, setting it up as static has at least giving me a checkmark in the iphones settings window but I'm still getting constant disconnects. I also tried going into airplane mode but no luck there either. However, the ipad will play nice now after changer over to a static setting, at least it played nice long enough to get me through dimmer check tonight.

Thanks for everyones suggestions, hopefully I can get this straightened out so both the iPhone and iPad work with the ION network by my next tech.

• Well, some progress has been made, Thanks Blackmoon, setting it up as static has at least giving me a checkmark in the iphones settings window but I'm still getting constant disconnects. I also tried going into airplane mode but no luck there either. However, the ipad will play nice now after changer over to a static setting, at least it played nice long enough to get me through dimmer check tonight.

Thanks for everyones suggestions, hopefully I can get this straightened out so both the iPhone and iPad work with the ION network by my next tech.

Children
No Data
Related