ETC Ion & Chroma Q Color Force

I have an ETC Ion, just got some Chroma Q Colorforce 48 for the Cyc.

2 questions:

1. How do I patch the Chroma Q's to take advantage of the cell's? when I set it in say Mode 4, patch in as the Colorforce 48 M4, it patches all the attributes to one channel. Is there a way to then do effects within?

2. How can I create a sub to control R,G,B,A without having it override the values of the other colors

Parents
  • Hi Moose,

For question 1:

If you are looking for individual control of each "cell" within the unit, I would put the strip in Mode 8, and then on the Ion patch 8 x Mode 4 devices. Mode 4 is just RGBA with Intensity. This will increase your channel count, but I find it much easier get the control you want / apply effects easily etc...

Question 2:

This has been brought up several times with several different ways to solve it. The most recent can be found here. If you still need help, feel free to ask back in this post and I'm sure people will be willing to help.

Good luck,

• Hi Moose,

For question 1:

If you are looking for individual control of each "cell" within the unit, I would put the strip in Mode 8, and then on the Ion patch 8 x Mode 4 devices. Mode 4 is just RGBA with Intensity. This will increase your channel count, but I find it much easier get the control you want / apply effects easily etc...

Question 2:

This has been brought up several times with several different ways to solve it. The most recent can be found here. If you still need help, feel free to ask back in this post and I'm sure people will be willing to help.

Good luck,

Children
Related