Fixture Request 75w LED Spot

Hello

Looking for a little help adding a new fixture in the next library update.

Thank you in advance.

• I assume this is  generic Chinese fixture and there can be a problem with them as the dmx chart in the photocopied "manual" that come with them often doesn't match the actual firmware version in the fixture so you often need a bit of trial and error to make them behave.

As an immediate solution you could use the entry in the library under the "custom" section called "18ch moving head" as the main functions match the DMX chart of your fixture if you put your fixture in 16 ch mode.     If you then want to refine it you can use edit fixture to for example delete the last two parameters if you are concerned that it takes up 18 instead of 16 addresses (eg if you are running out of space in your universes)

• Hi there,

I've put in a fixture profile request with the Eos team, as I could not locate a profile with the keywords (75W) that seemed to match the description. At this point, I would expect this profile to come with future builds of the Eos fixture library. I will let you know if the team has any further questions during the creation of this profile.

Thank you, 

Therese

• Hi Therese,

Probably the wattage is not the best keyword to be using.

I wonder if it would be helpful if when these kind of custom profiles were done they were added under generic with a naming convention like you've done for the rgb led fixture where you call then LED IRGBS  to indicate the first param is intensity, the next 3 are the RGB and then there is the strobe.   These prebuilt profiles named that way make it really easy to find one you need for an unbranded fixed LED.

Using the same idea you could for example give this fixture a generic name of  "Moving Head PPTTsISCG"  to indicate it was a 16 bit pan/tilt then motor speed, then Intensity, strobe,  colour, gobo.   It would then mean that for a lot of these low cost unbranded fixtures that are available, people could find working profiles quite easily rather than having to make them themselves or ask you guys to make them,

• Thank you so much.

Through a couple of days of trial and error I did find a profile that matched almost perfectly. In fact the gobo images even matched. The only hiccup is the rotation & prism seem to home to full on when selected. This isn't that difficult to work around although I may try to tweak this later. 

The profile I found was the Equinox Fusion 100 spot [15] 

I will also add Mike A's idea of a generic list of attributes in order would be really helpful in the search for not only a fixture we have the manual for, but also a trail & error for those we dont have manuals for. 

Thanks again!

Related