Artfox Sky Beam 9R

The Artfox Sky Beam 9R already exists in the EOS Library but the 'Lamp Off' function does not work.  I access 'Lamp Off' from the 'Lamp Controls' section which comes up after I push the 'About' button.

I'm using these on an EOS Classic. I upgraded the EOS to 2.9.3 today and updated the fixture profile in Patch and tried it again today, no luck.

I've tried this in the past from an ION Xe20 and it didn't work then either.  that was probably a few years ago.

Can this be made to work?  A link to the manual is here: https://www.artfox.net/res/manual/Sky%20Beam%209R.pdf

Thank you,  Ken Heaton

Parents
  • I checked the Lamp Controls and the Reset time is Set to 34 Seconds Hold.
    The Manual say "Reset over 3 sencods".

Is this on purpose or a typo?

• "Is this on purpose or a typo?"

Unfortunately I have no idea, there are a number of typos or mistranslations from, I assume, the Chinese in the Manual.  For example, on page 6, they refer to and "Encoder Button" and show that in Figure 3, but the actual production version we have has a series of buttons (Up, down, enter, etc.) instead of the rotary encoder.

I can shut off the lamp form the control panel on the Sky Beam itself so at least that exists in the fixture software.  I have no way of knowing if 'Lamp Off' via DMX is actually implemented correctly in the fixture software, sorry.

I could try experimenting with a one to one patch and send the fixture just the DMX level of 102 to 103 on Channel 17 and see what happens.  I will report the result back here.

• "Is this on purpose or a typo?"

Unfortunately I have no idea, there are a number of typos or mistranslations from, I assume, the Chinese in the Manual.  For example, on page 6, they refer to and "Encoder Button" and show that in Figure 3, but the actual production version we have has a series of buttons (Up, down, enter, etc.) instead of the rotary encoder.

I can shut off the lamp form the control panel on the Sky Beam itself so at least that exists in the fixture software.  I have no way of knowing if 'Lamp Off' via DMX is actually implemented correctly in the fixture software, sorry.

I could try experimenting with a one to one patch and send the fixture just the DMX level of 102 to 103 on Channel 17 and see what happens.  I will report the result back here.

Children
Related