Feature Request: Fully incorporate virtual & real CIE X CIE Y parameters into color picker

I have a large project coming up where the DPs insist on using their own XY system for everything, this puts me at a disadvantage as CIE X and CIE Y controls are not fully incorporated into the color picker and ML controls in EOS. I have seen other posts in recent years where not having full CIE X&Y color controls is an issue in the TV/FILM industry and imperfect workarounds have to be used.

Since 3.1 allows for full organizational control of encoders, can the next release please incorporate full X and Y control via virtual and real parameters, the same way you can use encoders to enter hue and sat values on a RGB fixture and the color picker will do the rest. This should also allow TINT controls in the color picker to adjust X and Y parameters appropriately, and would be a huge improvement in workflow and selling point for using EOS during filming on other projects where X Y "must" be used. Currently the plan is I will have to use separate custom system/software the DPs have made and will NOT be using EOS for filming, an idea that makes me very sad.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Ray Roy
IATSE Local 52

Parents Comment Children
No Data