Offline mode should not generate any output (OSC)

When in offline mode, it should (by default) not output anything, including OSC. I can see how having output would be desirable in many cases while offline programming, controlling integrations with third party, etc., however it seems unsafe and unexpected behavior by nature of the name offline. 

Now to prevent this from being a breaking change, perhaps it should be simply a setup configuration option where it can be chosen by the user. And perhaps (more boldly) something prompted at the first time you open a show file in offline mode to configure.

Parents Comment Children
  • It seems like you just read the headline and not the whole proposal. Yes, you can set it on or off as necessary, but the default should very likely be that of "no output" which would honor the "offline" mode. Perhaps better yet would be to simply default to disable all "OUTPUT" -- and perhaps keep inbound OSC working. While you're maybe not using it this way, it is not uncommon for me to load up a show in offline mode to edit it, while another show is running on the console. I definitely don't want any form of show control style output occurring, since I only wan tmy primary console to output any form of show control or other output.