"Release" for Parameters in Lamp Control

ATM there are only options to set values for a time or on hold
If a parameter is on hold it is persistent till a restart or overwriting with another hold value.

It would be very usefull to have a Release option in Lamp Control

Parents
  • Hi Leandros, I could your post while searching for something similar. Lamp Controls are generally used to trigger fixture specific macros, often to strike a lamp on or turn it off, or also to reset some parameter (such as a pan/tilt reset). In most fixtures this is intended to be only a momentary DMX command, so the appropriate value is sent to the fixture for only a few seconds before it automatically releases back to the background state. So you cannot depend on a lamp control on persisting. If you need something to persist until acted upon, this is where PARK comes in handy. I've never tried to park a lamp control feature, but for example we have several channels that control relays, those relays are simply channels with a "relay" dimming curve, and we have macros to park those channels on and off as necessary.

Comment
  • Hi Leandros, I could your post while searching for something similar. Lamp Controls are generally used to trigger fixture specific macros, often to strike a lamp on or turn it off, or also to reset some parameter (such as a pan/tilt reset). In most fixtures this is intended to be only a momentary DMX command, so the appropriate value is sent to the fixture for only a few seconds before it automatically releases back to the background state. So you cannot depend on a lamp control on persisting. If you need something to persist until acted upon, this is where PARK comes in handy. I've never tried to park a lamp control feature, but for example we have several channels that control relays, those relays are simply channels with a "relay" dimming curve, and we have macros to park those channels on and off as necessary.

Children