"Release" for Parameters in Lamp Control

ATM there are only options to set values for a time or on hold
If a parameter is on hold it is persistent till a restart or overwriting with another hold value.

It would be very usefull to have a Release option in Lamp Control

Parents
  • Hi Leandros, I could your post while searching for something similar. Lamp Controls are generally used to trigger fixture specific macros, often to strike a lamp on or turn it off, or also to reset some parameter (such as a pan/tilt reset). In most fixtures this is intended to be only a momentary DMX command, so the appropriate value is sent to the fixture for only a few seconds before it automatically releases back to the background state. So you cannot depend on a lamp control on persisting. If you need something to persist until acted upon, this is where PARK comes in handy. I've never tried to park a lamp control feature, but for example we have several channels that control relays, those relays are simply channels with a "relay" dimming curve, and we have macros to park those channels on and off as necessary.

• That is true. My request was for a release from lamp control because if you put something in lamp control on hold 4ever you have no control of it besides lamp control till you leave the show and reopen it. That has lead to problems if the desk is running 24/7. 

Comment
  • That is true. My request was for a release from lamp control because if you put something in lamp control on hold 4ever you have no control of it besides lamp control till you leave the show and reopen it. That has lead to problems if the desk is running 24/7. 

Children