Under Review

Stick Beams and Fixture Labels not as useful as hoped

Hi,

Augmented is not as useful as I hoped at answering the question: "what is the bright spot downstage left" particularly on large shows.

1) There should be an option for channel number labels to be displayed at the floor, rather than the middle of the beam

2) There should be a way to color code the channel number labels based on unit type, or active color palette

3) Stick Beams should offer a wireframe view of the the light beams, with an oval defining the edge, and a very light opacity fill

4) There should be a way to adjust the size of channel label text

5) I wish it were easier to toggle the visibility of fixture types on and off

All of these ideas are based on using augmented for a broadway show, and finding it frustrating to still answer the question: "what is the bright spot downstage left"

Thank you all for the amazing work, stay safe

Here's a photo:

Parents
  • Hey Nick et al, thanks for the comments here. This kind of feedback is fantastic and always welcome. I'm going to move this to the feature request section. Responses to your list below: 1) There should be an option for channel number labels to be displayed at the floor, rather than the middle of the beam LO: As mentioned in one of the comments check out what you can do with focus handles 2) There should be a way to color code the channel number labels based on unit type, or active color palette LO: Right now we're pulling the color from the channel's state color. The beam lines however do represent what the fixture color is doing. That being said i'm very open to looking at other coloring options 3) Stick Beams should offer a wireframe view of the the light beams, with an oval defining the edge, and a very light opacity fill LO: we talked about this a bit back We'll take a look at adding that in a follow up release. 4) There should be a way to adjust the size of channel label text LO: Yes there should be. 5) I wish it were easier to toggle the visibility of fixture types on and off LO: Can you go into this a bit more. How would you like to see that work?
  • Thank you so much Lowell, I love the commitment and the work that went into this. I personally want the visualizer to help me answer "what is that damn bright spot down right" much quicker. One way it could do that if I could toggle through fixture types, OR positions. For example. Turn off all the 3500s, then turn off the sharpies, then turn off the 7E, All with absolute minimum amount of mouse and menu-ing. This sounds like some sort of "visualizer high light" based on groups?

Comment
  • Thank you so much Lowell, I love the commitment and the work that went into this. I personally want the visualizer to help me answer "what is that damn bright spot down right" much quicker. One way it could do that if I could toggle through fixture types, OR positions. For example. Turn off all the 3500s, then turn off the sharpies, then turn off the 7E, All with absolute minimum amount of mouse and menu-ing. This sounds like some sort of "visualizer high light" based on groups?

Children