Timecode Timeline + Controls

It would be great if there was some form of timeline window similar to grandma2 that allows you to view Timecode events on a timeline, rather than just viewing times from the show control list. Allowing for easier edits.

And it’s also worth considering adding a dedicated window to control playback & recording of Timecode / show control evens, without having to open the show control window, and do “Event 1/ Learn”

And last but not least, some form of configurable filter when learning Timecode events, I.e limiting Timecode learning to cues only, so if people use macros to control learning of Timecode events, it doesn’t get picked up.

This probably won’t be possible due to some limitation I’m unaware of, but the ability for consoles with 3.5mm headphone jacks to receive and decode LTC / Smpte Timecode would be brilliant.

Parents
  • For the learning timecode element, there are a few options. If your console has configurable hardkeys, you can assign then to a macro that enables learning a specific event. Otherwise, you can create a direct select and then place that on a portion of the screen. Or in my case, I have a streamdeck setup running companion to send OSC commands to trigger macros for this eact thing. I have enable/disable event list, as well as enable/disable learning. I also included a few + / - times to make adjustments easy -- I have a 100ms, 500ms, 1 sec and 5 sec keys both add and subtract to easily adjust timecode. Also because my own brain thinks better in terms of fractional sections versus timecode frames.

• How do you change it with ms? I can only get it to change frames and seconds 

Comment Children
  • Yes, it is purely a timecode frame adjustment -- but every 100ms is the same as 3 frames... I've got a page dedicated to timecode related items, among them are these targets for timecode adjustments. I also trigger these macros from a Streamdeck/Companion with OSC.