"Rewind" effect

Has anyone here have any ideas on how to express via lights and accompany a rewind sound effect, for when a scene rewinds back to a point?

I have ideas for alternately sweeping the two moving lights from stage left to stage right, but it all seems so disconnected.

Parents
  • Maybe this is too simple but... 

If you have multiple rows of backlights you could do a fast chase of these from DS to US through the rewind sound, mimicking its speed and repeating the pattern through the rewind, then landing in the ending state cue.  Or if you have lights that are at 45° from all sides (45° from front on SR, then 45° from front on SL, then 45° from back on SL, then 45° from back on SR) you could do a chase similar to the above one that circles the stage.
    Good luck and hope this helps.
  • Thanks!  That does bring another idea to the table. I'm trying to picture the coverage we have on stage and how I can apply something like you describe.  I'll sketch it out so I have it on paper for when I can get time in the theater.

We have some LEDPARs that I can maybe use for a chase with color, coinciding with the front lights.  Dim the stage, fast chase in the blocked space from 'finish' to 'start', then slowing down as they approach the start.  Would have to be carefully timed and actors would need to mostly be in time.  I suppose I could have a manual stop on this as they reset.

It's all down to what I can do in the time given combined with what the director likes.  I'm trying to program this offline as well to get a headstart.

• Thanks!  That does bring another idea to the table. I'm trying to picture the coverage we have on stage and how I can apply something like you describe.  I'll sketch it out so I have it on paper for when I can get time in the theater.

We have some LEDPARs that I can maybe use for a chase with color, coinciding with the front lights.  Dim the stage, fast chase in the blocked space from 'finish' to 'start', then slowing down as they approach the start.  Would have to be carefully timed and actors would need to mostly be in time.  I suppose I could have a manual stop on this as they reset.

It's all down to what I can do in the time given combined with what the director likes.  I'm trying to program this offline as well to get a headstart.

Children
No Data
Related