Hi users - are you using DMX Backup mode on your SmartFade?

Hi there -

We're curious to know if this mode is being used in the field. If so, could you just drop a note here letting us know?

Thanks much -

Sarah

Parents
  • hi sarah

i'm not a smartfade user myself so i'm not sure about this mode. is it when i daisy chain the smartfade after another desk so it can take over when the primary fails? if so, i've seen the smartfade used in this mode in two or three theatres around here, on tour and i've seen it spec'd for one-offs too, when there wasn't enough budget for a "real" backup. usually there would be the houselights on it as well as some basic looks on stage. hope that's the info you were looking for.

• hi sarah

i'm not a smartfade user myself so i'm not sure about this mode. is it when i daisy chain the smartfade after another desk so it can take over when the primary fails? if so, i've seen the smartfade used in this mode in two or three theatres around here, on tour and i've seen it spec'd for one-offs too, when there wasn't enough budget for a "real" backup. usually there would be the houselights on it as well as some basic looks on stage. hope that's the info you were looking for.

Children
Related