Unable to Patch in Smartfade Simulator v3

No doubt I am doing something wrong. On the Smartsoft simulator Patch tab, I drag outputs from the lower part of the screen to the upper part (on channel 1).  When I hover over CH 1, it lists the outputs I had dropped on it.  However, when I activate the control surface and move slider 1, I don't see the lights I patched follow the fader.  Rather, I only see light #1 active.  Then, after I save the show and examine the text file, the table of patches doesn't reflect what I did on the Patch tab

So I am lost. Smart fade uses the term output and DMX cell while the Smartfade uses Channel and Dimmer.

Is it possible to create patches in the simulator? Any ideas what I am doing wrong? TIA

Parents Reply Children
  • I am using SmartSoft version 3.0.2.9.0.43, DLL version 3.0.2.9.0.43

• Hello,

I have just tried this on a PC with the exact same version.  No console connected.  I cleared the patch completely (using the simulator > select Patch - Other > Erase patch) and then patched a few lights to addresses.  Specifically I patched DMX1 > CH1, DMX2 > CH25, DMX3 > CH49, DMX4 > Ch73.  I saved this with the name patch test.asc.  Loading it works on my PC.

I have attached that test file here.  Could you please try to load it and tell me what you find.

thanks,

Adam

patch test.asc
  • No I can't, There is no Patch-Other>Erase Patch on my simulator.  On the patch tab, there are no DMX1. 

I have however found the problem.  The only file the simulator can save to or load from is the SHOW01.ASC file in the SmartSoft folder where the application is.  If I use the simulator wheel and do a SaveShow, that file has my updated patches.  If I close SmartSoft, it prompts to save the changes and lets you specify a file on your hard disk. THere is however no way to load the file.  The only file that can be loaded is SHOW01.ASC in the Applications folder.  Telling the Mac OS to always open one of the SmartSoft files with SmartSoft successfully launches the application but it does not load the show. It's a blank show at that point.

Related