New Fixture??

www.barco.com/intellaspotXT-1
  • [QUOTE=codystoltz;47271]When you say gobo animation what exactly do you mean? I am crossing my fingers that youll are talking about the gobo animation in the showgun am I right? If so than all youll need to do is develop a fixture with shutters for theaters, not that im a theater guy. i for some reason look forward to if we were to get it, Get me in shape man handling 120 pound lights used to dealing with mac 2ks

The intellaspot XT-1 includes an animation wheel, which is a large litho that rotates through the aperture instead of just within it. This produces fire and water type effects instead of just a revolving image.

The gobo wheels, prism, and the animation wheel all also can do the "gobo animate" function that we debuted on SHOWGUN. This feature rotates the item in a "steppy" manner to create a different look than a standard rotation. You can see a video explaining this further here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=spqgaq2_Zok&feature=player_embedded
  • Oh thats cool i know it sounds stupid but I didnt think youll would be able to do that with the prisms and the animation wheel. at first I thought youll were just talking about the animation wheel itself but i had to double check to see if it was the stepping feature. Because I remember sean hoey telling me when I asked him why they didnt put it into the cyber 2 and he said that the frame would have had to be redesigned which would have shot the price through the roof and that that function takes up a lot of room inside the fixture in order to acheive it. I dont know im no lighting tech I have never taking apart a show gun (martin lights yes) so Im still kind of confused on how it actually works.
  • >>"Because I remember sean hoey telling me when I asked him why they didnt put it into the cyber 2 and he said that the frame would have had to be redesigned..."

If you are referring to adding an "animation wheel" to the Cyberlight 2.0 then yes this statement is correct. However please note that the rotating gobos in the Cyberlight 2.0 can do the "gobo animate" or steppy effect.
  • [QUOTE=bradpepe;47363]>>"Because I remember sean hoey telling me when I asked him why they didnt put it into the cyber 2 and he said that the frame would have had to be redesigned..."

If you are referring to adding an "animation wheel" to the Cyberlight 2.0 then yes this statement is correct. However please note that the rotating gobos in the Cyberlight 2.0 can do the "gobo animate" or steppy effect.
    O so than it was just a lack of communication add +1 to the cybers all though it doesnt have anything to compete with in its market
  • At 22,000 lumens and a 55 degree beam ability you could use this as a wash light if you needed too no? This fixture's really shaping up to have some nice selling points. I missed the online Q&A, any way they might post a transcript?
  • Hi Dmb182,

Yes the fixture could be used as a wash and in fact it has a variable soft-edge feature as well.

I dont think we are planning to post the transcript of the chat, but I will check into it.
Related