Colour source par mode

Hello,

We've just bought 15 colour source pars and i'm just wondering about the dmx modes. The manual on the ETC website talks about the 3 different DMX control modes. There are also manuals (whitelight website) which just talk about the 5 channel mode with no other options, which is what we have. Is one an older version of the other? As a new unit- which should we be expecting?!

Thank you

Parents
  • As a new unit, you should expect the version described in the documentation on ETC's website. Which mode the PAR is in, depends on the DMX parameter count.  See page 8 of the manual, "ColorSource_PAR_InstallGuide_revF" (Hopefully, page 8 is attached to this post...)

If you're not able to access these settings per the instructions on page 8, please give the fine folks in Technical Support a call, and they'll get you sorted out.

• Hi all

We've got some Color Source Par but we can't change the mode of them. We bought them last year but now that we saw how to change the mode and also loc the display we can't do nothing. Maybe it's because of the software that we don't know wich is.
    Is it possible to update this CSPar using a pc with UpdaterAtor and a DMX-RDM Four Port Gateway?? and how can we do that??

Pedro Alves
  • Hi Pedro,

if you bought them last year, you will Need to update them to v1.4.0 which recently was released.

Please find instructions to update them on the release notes here:

http://www.etcconnect.com/WorkArea/DownloadAsset.aspx?id=10737486720

You can use your Net3 Gateway connected to an Unmanaged Switch to your Laptop running current UpdaterAtor v5.0.1 Software

to update the fixtures.

• Hi Corey

Yesterday I try to update the SCPar using the UpdaterAtor but without sucess. I connect my laptop to the light network that we've got that consists on a Congo Sr(Server) + Congo jr(Backup) + Wirelles hub + RDM/DMX Gateway 4 port(but we only use 2 for now) + the ethernet swicht. I connect 1 SCPar to DMX 2 of the gateway. When I start the UpdaterAtor this message appears:

I press YES and after that the Updater dosn't recognize the SCPar. I use a crossover cable to connect my laptop directily to the gateway and finally the Updater recognize the gateway but not the SCPar. Ours SCPar have the V1.0.1 and I try to do everything that is on the file that you send but I cant find the ColorSource family Bootloader.

When I use the Setup version of the UpdaterAtor it always appear at the top a message saying "No internet connection was detected". What I'm doing wrong??

How can I update ours SCPar using the Gateway??

Pedro Alves

• Hi Corey

Yesterday I try to update the SCPar using the UpdaterAtor but without sucess. I connect my laptop to the light network that we've got that consists on a Congo Sr(Server) + Congo jr(Backup) + Wirelles hub + RDM/DMX Gateway 4 port(but we only use 2 for now) + the ethernet swicht. I connect 1 SCPar to DMX 2 of the gateway. When I start the UpdaterAtor this message appears:

I press YES and after that the Updater dosn't recognize the SCPar. I use a crossover cable to connect my laptop directily to the gateway and finally the Updater recognize the gateway but not the SCPar. Ours SCPar have the V1.0.1 and I try to do everything that is on the file that you send but I cant find the ColorSource family Bootloader.

When I use the Setup version of the UpdaterAtor it always appear at the top a message saying "No internet connection was detected". What I'm doing wrong??

How can I update ours SCPar using the Gateway??

Pedro Alves

Children
Related