ColorSource Par DMX address clearing?

Just got some great ColorSource Par's installed in our theatre and after installing them I've had two different Par's lose their DMX address. One of them is in a hard to reach place but the other was easily accessible. It had reset the DMX address back to zero or whatever the default is out of the box.

Currently I've got power turning on to them from a parked dimmer (thats been turned non dim in the dimmer rack) that switches on when I turn the light board on.

Any ideas?

Parents
  • Elrond,

I have a couple questions for you.

Can you tell me what version of code is in your fixtures?

Does this happen after a power cycle?

How is data sent to the fixtures? Specifically. Console, console type/data type and path wiring/ termination present, is rdm enabled, is it just the DMX address that is lost?

These will help us try and repeoduce any issues you might be seeing.

Greg
  • I'm not sure what code version they are running. Is there way to check that? I do have serial numbers if those help? S/N 473001610 and P/N 7412A1005. We got them about thirty days ago also if you can figure out what was installed on them at the factory. The past week was the first chance we've had to install them so I hadn't had the chance to notice any issues before then.

It does seem to be after a power cycle. They worked fine for sure after initial install. I only noticed the problem a day or two after that. They probably had been turned off and on twice between first time up and when I noticed.

Element console 60 - 500. DMX wiring. Right now it's just going through a plain DMX isolated splitter - Doug Fleenor design. I don't currently have DMX terminators present. One of the lights is the second in a six instrument DMX chain and the other one is the fifth in a six instrument chain.

Face Panel Board firmware version: 1.1.90 build 6
    I/O Board Firmware Version 1.3.0.9.0.5

No to RDM. Not that fancy here yet.

It is just the DMX address on the light that clears. When I put the address back the light comes back on without any problems and seems to match all the other colorsource's without any differences.

Need any other info or clarification?
  • I'm not sure what code version they are running. Is there way to check that? I do have serial numbers if those help? S/N 473001610 and P/N 7412A1005. We got them about thirty days ago also if you can figure out what was installed on them at the factory. The past week was the first chance we've had to install them so I hadn't had the chance to notice any issues before then.

It does seem to be after a power cycle. They worked fine for sure after initial install. I only noticed the problem a day or two after that. They probably had been turned off and on twice between first time up and when I noticed.

Element console 60 - 500. DMX wiring. Right now it's just going through a plain DMX isolated splitter - Doug Fleenor design. I don't currently have DMX terminators present. One of the lights is the second in a six instrument DMX chain and the other one is the fifth in a six instrument chain.

Face Panel Board firmware version: 1.1.90 build 6
    I/O Board Firmware Version 1.3.0.9.0.5

No to RDM. Not that fancy here yet.

It is just the DMX address on the light that clears. When I put the address back the light comes back on without any problems and seems to match all the other colorsource's without any differences.

Need any other info or clarification?
Children
Related