color crossfade and black out issues, Source 4 lustr S2

I have recently started working with  etc LED spotlights.

While the color source PAR crossfade from one color to another as I expected, the source 4 lustr series 2 behave strange.

Changing from no color to Lee 201 goes over a red phase (like Lee 209). 

Changing back to no color produces the same effect.

If instead of using color, I change the white Spot temperature, the Xfade is without red phase, as I would want it

I have patched the S4  as S4 LED S2,  HSCI Str on a etc element console.

Second issue:

If I do a Fade Out with 0.5 sec. the S4 lags behind in dimming (sort of 2 phase Fade Out) not blending well with dimmers and color source PARs.

Can somebody help?

Parents
  • The first is because you've patched them in a one of the HSI - Hue Saturation Intensity - modes.
    The HSIC mode is designed for television and film, where accurate color and color temperature matching are extremely important but fades between colours are less so.

"Hue" is the position around the colour wheel, where 0% = Red, 33% is Green, 66% is Blue and 100% is back to Red.
    Fading Hue goes around the colour circle - so a fade from Red to Cyan goes through Green

Saturation is the distance from the nominal "White" point at the centre of the colour wheel, so a fade from 0% to 100% goes from "White" to "Deeply Coloured".

Thus a Hue-Saturation fade may give surprising results.

Second:
    A Source Four LED fixture has several different dimming curve options that affect the curve and rate of the fade.
    Try some of the other options.
  • Hello.

I have some similar problems with lee 201.
    It gives a green color.

I have patched me lustr2 in quick setup - stage.
  • Hi Jon. Do you mean the cross fade is a bit green or when you bring up the color you think it's a little to green? You can always easily adjust a color to your liking using the Tint function in the color picker. Click the gear icon or in 2.4 click the tab and turn on the Tint option.
  • The color lee 201 looks realy green.

In the warm colors they look correct.

I work on a gm2.
  • This is a problem with the way that the GrandMA 2 handles color on the Source 4 LED fixtures. On an Eos console, the color match to L201 on a Source 4 LED is as close as I have ever seen on an LED fixture. You should post on the MA lighting forums and see if anyone has a better fixture profile, or if MA can update theirs.

Alternatively, you can mix a color that matches L201 better to your eye, and store it as a preset. 

• This is a problem with the way that the GrandMA 2 handles color on the Source 4 LED fixtures. On an Eos console, the color match to L201 on a Source 4 LED is as close as I have ever seen on an LED fixture. You should post on the MA lighting forums and see if anyone has a better fixture profile, or if MA can update theirs.

Alternatively, you can mix a color that matches L201 better to your eye, and store it as a preset. 

Children
No Data
Related