Net3 Gateway

I have a 4 port Net3 gateway that seems to no longer function on my network.  I was able to reset factory defaults and obtain a new IP address, however, it does not show up in the GCE and fixtures that have data run to them, I can not control.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  I believe it's been a while since software has been updated on any of my gateways, could that be part of the problem?

Parents
  • Hi Nicoletta,

what is the Software Version on your Gateway?

What is the IP Address of the Gateway?

What is the IP Adress of your Console?

What is the Software Version of your console?

What version of GCE are you using? Current version is GCE v3. which can be downloaded

from our website for free here : http://www.etcconnect.com/product.downloads.aspx?ID=20095

• Gateway- 2.0.0...

IP Address- 10.101.50.131

Console- 10.101.50.140

Software on console- 1.9.12...

GCE- version 2, I believe.

I guess I should start by updating the GCE.  I should mention that this is the only gateway having any issues.  I have several others that are operating on my network just fine.

• It sounds like your gateway and GCE versions match OK, so it sounds more like you may have a physical problem with your network, or the gateway itself. I would try :

- Connect the gateway directly to your network switch with a different cable. See if it works

- See if you can ping the gateway. From a computer go to the command prompt (Windows Key+R, type cmd<enter>) and type ping 10.101.50.131<enter>. If you get replies the connection is good.

- Isolate the problem by disconnecting everything else from the network in case you have two IP addresses the same.

If not it's possible (although unusual) that the gateway hardware has gone bad in some way..

• It sounds like your gateway and GCE versions match OK, so it sounds more like you may have a physical problem with your network, or the gateway itself. I would try :

- Connect the gateway directly to your network switch with a different cable. See if it works

- See if you can ping the gateway. From a computer go to the command prompt (Windows Key+R, type cmd<enter>) and type ping 10.101.50.131<enter>. If you get replies the connection is good.

- Isolate the problem by disconnecting everything else from the network in case you have two IP addresses the same.

If not it's possible (although unusual) that the gateway hardware has gone bad in some way..

Children
Related